*Nominations are Open for the 2020 Awards of Excellence !*
5 Award Categories Recognized at the Conference
- The Award of Excellence;
- Innovation in Safety Award;
- Special Achievement Award;
- Safety Professional Award;
- Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Governors Safety and Health Awards Committee opens the application process at the end of each year. The award application process consists of meeting the requirements as described in the eligibility criteria and completing the application. See Conference website for forms and deadlines.
GOVERNOR’S SAFETY AWARD OF EXCELLENCE:
The Governor’s Safety Award of Excellence is presented to organizations demonstrating distinction in the following: safety and health of their personnel, the environment, assets and reputation that demonstrates and promotes superior corporate citizenship. Large and small organizations that have excelled in safety and health are encouraged to apply. A group may be defined as a company; corporation; government entity; non-profit; or other entity.
GOVERNOR’S SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
This award is presented for special outstanding achievements in the field of health, safety, environment or a lifesaving action. In order to qualify for this award,
- there must be a significant and measurable impact on the community and/or HSE, or
- lifesaving actions
GOVERNOR’S INNOVATION IN SAFETY AWARD:
The Innovation in Safety Award is presented to an organization that has developed and implemented an innovative method, design, engineering protocol, or tool that has significantly contributed to a positive impact on safety, thus improving health and quality of life or environmental protection in the work place. Award recipients may be a company; corporation; government entity; non-profit; or other organization. Organizations may submit nominations for smaller business units such as an operating unit, a division, a regional office, a department, etc., or an organization-wide basis.
The State of Alaska will review the application and ensure the submitting company/organization is a good corporate citizen in regards to environmental rules, legal issues, wage and hour, safety, etc.
*An innovation can receive an award only one time and not in subsequent years.
GOVERNOR’S LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD:
This award was established by the State of Alaska to recognize recipients for their dedicated service and volunteerism to their profession, their community and the State of Alaska in promoting safety over a ‘Lifetime’.
The following are the minimum requirements for this award:
- The individual must have impacted the health and safety of Alaskans for more than 20 years
- They must have demonstrated performance of substantial contributions and extraordinary ability in the field of HSE, both in business and volunteering
GOVERNOR’S SAFETY PROFESSIONAL AWARD:
This award was established by the State of Alaska to recognize recipients for their service and volunteerism to their profession, their community and the State of Alaska in the field of Safety.
The Criteria for this Award are:
- The nominee must have influenced the health and safety industry in Alaska.
- Nominee must have been working in the field of Safety and Health in Alaska for 10 or more years.
- Nominee has been in the field of Safety and Health for a minimum of 15 years.
- Their peers regard nominee as a true “Safety Professional”.
- Nominee has made substantial contributions in the field of Safety and Health.
- Must be an active volunteer in a non-profit in a safety related capacity for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must not have won this award in the last 5 years.